One of the most required steps to get your website recognized is to buy SSL certificate for your domain. SSL certificate activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins.
Let’s Encrypt free SSL License
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public benefit. It is provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG) and sponsored by famous brands.
Let’s Encrypt Features
Let’s Encrypt has a list of features considered to be the principles of Let’s Encrypt.
- Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transperant: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.